Inspired by Ian Jack, I thought I would do some Google searching and draw up a (hopefully) comprehensive list of all the things David Cameron is ‘passionate’ about. Here are the findings so far.
He ‘passionately believes’:
- ‘that everyone has a part to play in achieving full equality for women and girls’ (27 October 2014, as noted by Ian).
- ‘that the new [Millennium Development] goals need to be simple, inspiring and relevant’ (24 September 2014, as noted by Ian).
- ‘in the Union and the future of the whole United Kingdom’ (many times in 2014, as noted by Ian).
- in the ‘ideal’ of social mobility (October 2014).
- ‘the rapid growth of renewables is vital to our future’ (April 2012).
- ‘that we have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to rid the world of the evil of polio’ (January 2011).
- in discipline (in schools, September 2011).
- ‘that local is best’ (February 2012).
- ‘we need to localise power’ (April 2009).
- ‘that if we are to take on and beat the great challenges of our time, we need the culture of public policy-making to have innovation at its heart’ (April 2009).
- ‘that all institutions need to wake up to the case for equality’ (July 2012).
- in the government’s long-term economic plan (April 2014).
He is ‘passionate’ about:
I’ll keep updating this when I get a chance. Please let me know in the comments about any others you have spotted and I will add those as well.